Issue 34 - 11th April 2021
- The Colts League seeds Teams into Leagues of similar ability.
- Seeding is not an accurate science, being based on feedback, opinion, and the mean average of declared and known results.
- Getting the Seeding as near right as possible is important...
- Achieving evenly Seeded Leagues delivers equitable games of Colts League Rugby where Players can best develop their game.
- It is in no Team's interest to be seeded too low and to be winning by a cricket score each weekend, nor is it helpful to be seeded too high and to be taking a regular drubbing.
- The Seeding Process is wholely dependant on Managers' and Coaches' accurate feedback as they best know their own Team, as well as their regular recent opponents; it is therefore extremely important every Team assists the Colts League by contributing to the process.
- Teams who do not communicate and co-operate with the Seeding and Rating Process cause undue delays and will have their commitment to the Colts League seriously questioned...
- Entries from such Teams may well be declined.
- Seeding Feedback must be submitted at the same time as the Entry Applcations and Squad Registration Forms before the Entry Deadline.
- Please complete your Seeding Feedback Form and save as a Word.doc document.
- Seeding Feedback Forms must be sent by eMail to:
- DO NOT send by post or to any other eMail address.
2. Seeding Process...
- Seeding Feedback Forms should be submitted by the Entry Deadline.
- Seeding is based primarily on Teams' Feedback of Seeding Info, SquadReg Info, plus Team Ratings.
- The Team Rating Form will only be published when all the Entries are in and known; after Deadline Day - Saturday 22nd May 2021.
- Teams will be asked to Rate all Teams of which they have knowledge & experience.
- The League Seeding Panel meets in mid-June to determine League Seeding.
- Leagues will not be changed or re-structured once the seedings have been determined.
- Target publication date for Colts League Fixtures is 1st July each season.
3. Prelim' & Conference Leagues...
- This season there will be Preliminary Leagues followed by Conference Leagues.
- Please refer to the Structured Season 2021/2022.
- The use of Preliminary & Conference Leagues permits the League to restructure approximately 1/3 of the way through the season to make adjustments for incorrect seeding and withdrawals.
Should be directed to: email@example.com