Issue 85 - 22nd October 2017
THESE REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL COMPETING COLTS TEAMS & PLAYERS and SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CONSTITUTION, THE CODE of CONDUCT AND THE RESPECTIVE SUB-REGULATIONS APPENDED HERETO.
In all cases click on the "Blue Hyperlink" to go to the respecitive Section or Sub-Regulation.
Reference to Teams in all Colts League Documentation and Regulations refers to the Responsible Persons in charge of Team Admin and is hereinafter assumed to mean the Team Manager or Head Coach or both as applicable...
1. League Entry / Membership...
- Entry / Membership Criteria is detailed in the Constitution.
- Teams must join their Local Referees Society.
- Further Referee requirements and guidance are given in the Referee Protocol Regulations.
- Teams outwith the Manchester or Liverpool Referees Societies must eMail proof of the support of their Local Referees' Society to the Hon Secretary by the last weekend of July; before the start of each season.
- The League's Pre-Entry Meeting in March is to prepare Teams for the coming season.
- Teams who are not represented at the Pre-Entry Meeting by their Manager or Lead Coach will have their entry seriously questioned and may not be permitted to enter.
- The League's AGM & Pre-Season Meeting will be held at the end of August.
- ALL TEAMS (ie: each age group) must be represented by their Manager or Lead Coach; on penalty of a 2 point deduction for not attending.
2. Player Eligibility & Registrations...
- ALL Players must be eligible paid-up members of their Club.
- Players must be registered in accordance with the League's Squad Registration Regulations.
3. Seeded Leagues...
- Teams will play in Senior (U18) Colts or Junior (U17) Colts Leagues.
- Leagues will be seeded to provide equitable games of competitive Rugby where Players can develop their game.
- Seeding will be based on previous season’s results in consultation with Managers and Coaches.
- All Teams are asked to provide seeding feedback per the Seeding Regulations.
- No trophies or medals are awarded for the Prelim' Leagues which are simply the vehicle to determine more accurate seeding of the Conference Leagues.
- Fixtures are published on the WebSite in line with the Structured Season.
- Fixtures will be published once the Seeded Leagues have been ratified; target is 1st July.
- Honouring Fixtures is paramount and Sanctions apply for those who renege.
- Further Fixture and Match Preparation details are given in the Pre-Match Regulations.
- Matches are governed by the Matchday Regulations.
- Home Teams must apply to their Local Referee Society for the appointment of a Society Referee in accordance with the Referee Protocol Regulations. This will normally be arranged through your Club’s Referee Society Contact (Senior Section).
- Coaches or Club Members refereeing their own Team is not a satisfactory arrangement for competitive Colts League matches where Referees should be independant and must have been officially appointed by the Local Society. Referees must not be associated with the Home Club.
- Should any Team experience difficulty with the official appointments channel from their Local Society they should inform their League Secretary who will give them every assistance.
- Should the Home Team be unable to provide an Independant Society Referee they should inform their Visitors before the day of the game as Visitors may be able to access and provide a Society Referee to officiate.
- Failing all of the aforementioned the Visitors must be invited to provide a Club Referee to officiate.
- As a final resort the Home Team may provide their Club Referee - only by agreement with their Visitors.
- All avenues must be explored to ensure games go ahead. If games are postponed through No Referee there are very few opportunities to re-arrange them.
- In any event the Home Team is obliged to cover the Referee’s expenses.
- When a match is re-arranged in the Fixtures Calendar do not assume your Referees’ Society will know. Other than in exceptional circumstances Teams must give their Society at least 7 days notice of all re-scheduled dates.
- WorldRugby Laws of the Game and Under 19 Variations plus the Colts League Regulations are the applicable Laws and Regulations governing all Colts League matches.
7. Fair Play / Discipline / Conduct / Red Cards...
- The Colts League encourages Fair Play and Good Sportsmanship and awards a Senior Colts Fairplay Trophy and a Junior Colts Fairplay Trophy at the end of the season to reward the same.
- All Managers Coaches Players and Spectators must respect and abide by the RFU Regulations, the Laws of the Game, the Colts League Regulations, and the Colts League Code of Conduct.
- The League has a responsibility to its Member Teams and Players and will not hesitate to take steps to remove any Team from the Competition for Player or Referee abuse by Players Coaches or Spectators, or for other misconduct (as defined in the RFU’s Definitions) on or off the field, whether by Players Coaches other Officials Club Members or Spectators which in the opinion of the League Committee amounts to conduct which is prejudicial to the interests of the game or brings the game into disrepute.
- Should the League Committee receive a written report of misconduct from the Referee or other named person then having obtained any further and necessary written evidence in support of the allegation(s) the League Committee may refer the matter to the appropriate County Disciplinary Committee with a request that formal disciplinary proceedings are taken against an individual and/or Club.
- In so referring the matter the League Committee shall also be at liberty to make a recommendation to the appropriate Disciplinary Committee as to the appropriate punishment as defined in paragraph 8.2.2 of the RFU’s Disciplinary Regulations. In this respect it should be noted that appropriate punishment shall include but not be limited to for a person, a reprimand, a financial penalty or suspension from playing, administration or both, and for a Club or Team, in addition to these penalties, deduction of league points, relegation or exclusion or disqualification from any competition.
- If the Referee abandons a match for any reason other than the weather conditions then irrespective of the number of minutes played the result of the match may be determined by the League Committee.
- If any Player or Coach is Red Carded before during or after a League match they will be subject to a Disciplinary Hearing and possibly a ban.
- If a Spectator is abusive towards the Referee or Opposition Players Coaches or Spectators, or a Spectator encroaches onto the playing enclosure, the Referee is at liberty to issue a Red Card to said Spectator, who must be removed immediately from the vicinity of the playing enclosure.
- Referees are obliged to submit a Sending off Report and Colts Team Managers must report Red Card offenders on the Match Result Card as well as to their own Senior Club Secretary as per the Disciplinary Regulations.
- If a Player, Team, or Club is found to be repeatedly appearing before a Disciplinary Committee the League will request the County CB Disciplinary Secretary look into the situation. In exceptional circumstances the League may itself convene a Hearing to consider further sanction.
- Disputes or complaints should be notified to the Hon' Secretary by phone and eMail within 24 hours of the relevant game or situation.
- The Colts League Committee shall be the arbiter in all cases involving disputes or complaints and shall have the authority to make decisions at any time on matters which are not covered by either these Regulations or Sub-Regulations the League Cup Regulations or the Constitution of the North West Colts League.
- A Club shall have the right of Appeal against any such decision made by the Colts League Committee. The appeal procedure is detailed in the Constitution #9.7
8. Match Results / League Points / League Tables...
- Results must be reported back By TEXT by Both Managers as per the Post Match Regulations.
- Completed Match Cards must then be returned by eMail per the Post Match Regulations.
- League Points towards the League Tables will be awarded as follows :~
|No Front Row Win
|No Front Row Draw
|Given a Walkover
|Concede a Walkover
- In the event of a points tie the weekly table position is automatically calculated on Points Difference.
- At the end of the season points difference will not be the deciding criteria between Teams tied on equal Table Points; Regulations 8.(5a) to 8(5d). will all be taken into account and a determination will be made by the League Committee.
- Disciplinary Record, including the number of Red Cards & Yellow Cards.
- Results of the Head-to-Head games between the tied Teams.
- Un-played games, forfeits, and sanction points deductions.
- Fairplay Record.
- Games remaining unplayed at the end of the Season will be determined a 0-0 draw with 2 points awarded to each Team.
- In exceptional circumstances the League Committee may determine the result of or award any game as it feels appropriate, including but not limited to the allocation of table points.
- Where Teams withdraw from the League their results are liquidated and removed from the records.
- The purpose of the Prelim' Leagues is to determine more accurate seeding of Teams into the Conference Leagues.
- No trophies are awarded for the Prelim' Leagues.
- Trophies will be awarded to the Conference League Champions and to the John Munn FairPlay Trophy Winners.
- The League's Presentation Evening will be held at the end of the Conference League Season, Date TBA...
9. Cup Competitions...
- The League Cup Competitions follow the Conference League season in March & April.
- The Colts League Cups are governed by the League Cup Regulations.